On the Front Lines
Editors: Stephen Berman, MD, FAAP; Judith S. Palfrey, MD, FAAP; Zulfiqar Bhutta, MBBS, FRCP, FRCPCH, FAAP(Hon), PhD; Adenike O. Grange, MBChB, DCH, FMCPAED, FWACP, FAAP (Hon)
The new Global Child Health Advocacy inspires and equips care providers to join together and work for positive change to improve children’s lives.
Item #: MA0664
ISBN 13: 978-1-58110-780-7
[log-in for member pricing] or
The new Global Child Health Advocacy: On the Front Lines inspires and equips care providers to join together and work for positive change.
This first-in-its-field resource brings you up-close accounts of successful initiatives straight from the front lines. It offers an inside look at the innovative strategies, tools, and techniques today's advocates use to promote health, deliver targeted care, and implement policies to improve children's lives. And it gives you field-tested guidance for your own advocacy efforts.
Child care leaders share their learnings with you
A multi-national editorial team assembles engaging stories chronicling the experiences of top-tier advocates in every corner of the globe:
- Improving access to care in Nigeria
- Creating a public child medical insurance system in China
- Haeomphilus influenzae vaccine advocacy in Guatemala
- Implementing a national immunization program in the U.S.
- Community partnerships for polio eradication in India
- Malnutrition crisis intervention in Niger
- HIV advocacy in South Africa
- Reducing neonatal mortality in Chile
- Campaigning against tobacco in the western Pacific
- Preventing diarrheal diseases in Peru
First-hand success stories from diverse advocacy arenas
- Acute care
- Chronic care
- Newborn health
- Maternal health
- Health promotion
- Child development