American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Dermatology; Edited by Daniel P. Krowchuk, MD, FAAP, and Anthony J. Mancini, MD, FAAP
Here’s the first place to look for practical, concise, abundantly illustrated guidance on the recognition and treatment of more than 100 pediatric and adolescent skin conditions.
Item #: MA0597
ISBN 13: 978-1-58110-605-3
[log-in for member pricing] or
The second edition of Pediatric Dermatology: A Quick Reference Guide provides the guidance you need to evaluate, diagnose, treat, and manage diverse dermatologic problems occurring from birth through adolescence.
Expert recommendations on more than 100 commonly encountered conditions.
More than 250 color images and dozens of new and revised images!
Essential information on each condition is presented in the precise sequence in which you need it in the clinical setting:
2. Symptoms and signs
3. How to make the diagnosis
6. Referral considerations
7. Resources for families
New 2nd edition includes:
- Dozens of new and revised images
- Larger color images in an all-new layout - shows more contrast and detail
- Expansion of the popular "look-alikes" differential diagnosis tables throughout all chapters
- New chapter on morphea
- Expanded section on acne therapy including revised treatment algorithms for mild, moderate, and severe acne and discussion of newer fixed-dose combination therapies
- Expanded discussion of bacterial skin infections, including folliculitis, furunculosis, carbunculosis, and community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections
- Updated section on lice therapy
- Expanded discussion of infantile hemangioma treatments
- And more!
Localized Viral Infections
Systemic Viral Infections
Localized Bacterial Infections
Systemic Bacterial, Rickettsial or Spirochetal Infections
Fungal and Yeast Infections
Lumps and Bumps
Skin Disorders in Neonates/Infants
Acute Drug/Toxic Reactions
Cutaneous Manifestations of Rheumatologic Disease
These products were chosen by individuals who also purchased this product: