Katrina Holt, MPH, MS, RD; Nancy H Wooldridge, MS, RD, LD; Mary Story, PhD, RD; Denise Sofka, MPH, RD
New 3rd edition provides a thorough overview of nutrition supervision during all stages of childhood.
Item #: BF0037
ISBN 13: 978-1-58110-554-4
[log-in for member pricing] or
The newly revised and updated 3rd edition of Bright Futures Nutrition helps you help patients and families build the foundation for lifelong health with sound eating practices.
The new 3rd edition offers detailed, practice-focused guidance for applying the nutrition-specific concepts and principles in Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents, 3rd Edition - the national standard for well-child care.
Proven solutions for problem prevention, early recognition, and optimal outcomes
The new 3rd edition brings you updated guidelines, strategies, and practices for state-of-the-art supervision from birth through adolescence. Full-length chapters cover critical issues in infancy, early childhood, middle childhood, and adolescence. Each chapter provides:
- An overview of the developmental period
- Interview questions
- Screening and assessment tools
- Counseling topics and approaches
- Desired health and nutrition outcomes
- Frequently asked questions and suggested responses
Nutrition Issues and Concerns
Here's the best current thinking on prevention, early identification, and ongoing monitoring of:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Eating disorders
- Food allergies
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Pediatric undernutrition
Expert-developed tools, tips and resources simplify nutrition screening and promotion.
- Nutrition Questionnaires for infants, children, and adolescents
- Key Indicators of Nutrition Risk
- Screening for Elevated Blood Lead Levels
- Model for Nutrition Counseling
- Strategies for Promoting Healthy Eating Behaviors
- Tips for Fostering a Positive Body Image
- Nutrition Resources
These products were chosen by individuals who also purchased this product: