American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Sports Medicine and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Editors: Sally S. Harris, MD, MPH, FAAP and
Steven J. Anderson, MD, FAAP
New second edition of this best-selling resource gives you a one-stop guide to all aspects of childhood sports preparation, participation, and injury treatment.
Item #: MA0448
ISBN 13: 978-1-58110-304-5
[log-in for member pricing] or
Selected as a Doody's Core Title for 2013!
This best-selling resource gives you an easy-to-use, one-stop guide to all aspects of childhood sports preparation, participation, and injury treatment.
The newly enhanced and updated second edition covers safety and risk-management considerations; procedural how-to's for the preparticipation physical examination; the latest treatment recommendations on proper nutrition for athletes; proven injury prevention guidelines; detailed treatments for dozens of injuries; and more.
Topics have been selected to reflect the health and safety issues most likely to be encountered by primary care practitioners. Numerous color photos and illustrations bring the authoritative text to life.
New in the 2nd edition!
- New Bonus full-color symptom locator poster
- All-new chapters on nutrition and weight control; performance-enhancing substances; risks of injury during sports participation; acute and overuse shoulder injuries
- Important new findings on issues specific to the female athlete
- Assessing physical and emotional readiness for athletic participation
- Effects of training and competition on child development
- Nutrition, weight loss, and performance-enhancing substances
- Athletic participation for physically challenged children
- Evaluation and treatment of both medical and musculoskeletal injuries
- Guidelines for returning to athletics after injury
- Recommendations for specialty referral
These products were chosen by individuals who also purchased this product: