American Academy of Pediatrics; Sandra G. Hassink, MD, FAAP, Editor in Chief, with Richard Trubo
This award-winning guide provides solutions and resources for parents and other caregivers who are concerned about childhood obesity and overweight children.
Item #: CB0041
ISBN 13: 978-1-58110-198-0
[log-in for member pricing] or
Obesity among children has reached epidemic levels in the US, affecting more than 9 million children. Not surprisingly, obesity can limit a child's physical activity and affect his or her self-esteem. But what's more worrisome are the health risks associated with being too heavy: type 2 diabetes, hypertension, liver disease and other diseases and conditions.
A Parent's Guide to Childhood Obesity: A Roadmap to Health provides solutions and resources for parents and other caregivers who are concerned about childhood obesity and overweight children, and for those parents and others who simply want to learn how to help children lead healthier, more active lives.
This comprehensive guide offers:
- Sensible, nutritional information and guidelines, emphasizing balanced and nourishing meals
- Strategies for dealing effectively with a variety of parenting challenges
- Approaches for encouraging increased physical activity
- Questionnaires to evaluate how food is used in families
- Guidance on how to partner with pediatricians, extended family members, schools, and child care providers to help ensure success
SAVE Up To 50% with Volume Discounts!
25-249 Copies Save 40% Price each: $10.17
250-499 Copies Save 50% Price each: $8.48
For quantities of 500+, call for pricing: 800/433-9016, ext. 7091 or 4837
These products were chosen by individuals who also purchased this product: